Hi,
I am working on android multimedia on an ARMv5TE compatible chip with
hardware SIMD acceleration (CPU 600Mhz, 32K I$/D$, no L2$, 130Mhz external
DDR, 128MB DRAM). With some performance calibration codes, I find that
"audio flinger" thread costs around 50Mhz - 60Mhz when music player is
playing any 44Khz - 48Khz sample rate stereo audio (single track). This is
much higher beyond my expectation (20Mhz - 30Mhz).

In my understanding, major cost of audio flinger should be resampling,
mixing, alsa rendering and some data copy.
1. And I have confirmed that my testing case does not require resampling,
that is, a simple mixing and rendering will lead to the end.
2. I have confirmed that on this platform alsa rendering does not need so
many cycles as I observed.

Anybody can help me understand why this audio flinger thread costs so many
Mhz? Or did I misunderstand anything? I guess I did not catch the bottleneck
of this audio flinger:)

BTW, my code base is based on the one by the end of last year, so I am not
sure if there is any performance related update in the current release.

--
Thanks,
Andy