Android assumes the sysfs interface for backlight adjustment is at "/
sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness", which is not true for EeePC.
EeePC uses "/sys/class/backlight/eeepc/brightness". And other
platforms may use "/sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness".

Also Android assuems the backlight value change from 30..255. While it
should be 0..15 for EeePC, and 0..7 for other platforms. The maximum
backlight value can be read from "/sys/class/backlight/eeepc/
max_brightness" or "/sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/max_brightness".

So should we change Android kernel's sysfs interface? For example,
Android kernel create a symbol link "default" in "/sys/class/
backlight", and make it link to "eeepc" or "acpi_video0". Or create "/
sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight" as a symbol link to "/sys/class/
backlight/eeepc" or "/sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0".

Or should we not change kernel, but only change the userspace code,
like scan the directory "/sys/class/backlight" to see which sub-
directory in it?

You can refer to the following discussion in android porting group:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/adf45961132dc76b/7593d68bab566412?lnk=gst&q=backlight#