Hi
I'm porting Android to the Freescale iMX31 PDK. On it there is a CSR
Unifi-based APM 6628 wifi module.
This module / chip's driver is propriety, and you need a few legal
documents and NDA's to have the source of it.

But hey, I've got mine running!
Then there's the question, how does Android handle non-standard Wifi
drivers?
If you look as /sys/class/net the Unifi chip registers it as eth0 (in
the source its behaviour is explained that that Red Hat 9's - eek! -
network config doesn't pick up wlan0 devices but only eth0s).

The device node /dev/eth0 is not created (nor /dev/wlan0). The char
device /dev/unifi0 and /dev/unifudi0 is created.

I've enabled WPA_SUPPLICANT by adding  HAVE_CUSTOM_WIFI_DRIVER_0 :=
true to it.

Any pointers as how to get Android pick this device up?