Hi Al, if you are building your own firmware, you don't need to modify the
platform itself -- you can have a separate .apk that is signed with the
platform certificate, so can get the install package permission.  Then it
can install whatever it wants without the user being involved.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

answer them.