This might be a dumb question, but I can't seem to figure it out.

In my donut build tree, I added some additional directories to
out/target/product/dream-open/system/. Just as I expected, next
re-make actually included the new directories in the system.img file.

However, during run-time, I found that all the executables I put under
the new directories have their "x" bit stripped and hence they cannot
execute any more.

Is this a security feature of Android? Where is this feature
implemented? I can't find anything in the build log that shows the
execution bit stripping.

Or is it implemented at run-time? I traced /init.rc and could not find
anything there either.

I am just confused at this point.

Cheers.

Jun