Hi,

I am having the same issue right now.  My plan is to run Eclair on a
Freescale iMX51 demo board.  We don't have the touchscreen, so just
use a LCD monitor, with USB keyboard and mouse.  The keyboard works
fine.  But with the USB mouse, logcat has the following error:

I/EventHub( 2011): New device: path=/dev/input/event2 name=Microsoft
Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0  id=0x10004
(of 0x5) index=5 fd=62 classes=0x40
E/EventHub( 2011): could not get driver version for /dev/input/mouse1,
Not a typewriter
I/KeyInputQueue( 2011): Device added: id=0x10004, name=Microsoft
Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 , classes=40

It seems that KeyInputQueue recognizes the mouse.  But in frameworks/
base/libs/ui/EventHub.cpp, the ioctl() fails.  The mouse does not work
at all.

Could you please share how you solved the ioctl() issue?  Thanks in
advance.