Why are there thousands of warnings when building Android?  I don't
understand it.  Is it because of the wide variety of compilers out
there that people use that results in different output when building?
Or is it because the code is so poorly written and developers just
don't really give a damn?

I know for a fact that when my team or me individually build(s) an
application, we/I are/am sure to have clean code with no warnings
about "comparison between signed and unsigned...", "x may have no been
declared", "format not a string literal and no formatting characters",
"expected type1 but argument is of type2"... etc.

I, for one, am very troubled by these thousands of warning when
building Android.

Can someone please enlighten me and explain to me why this is the
case?

Thank you,

sws-vinpa.