Hi,

I have set the default orientation to LANDSCAPE in my Android AOSP 7, by
changing in file -
"packages/apps/Launcher3/src/com/android/launcher3/Launcher.java" as below:

             setRequestedOrientation(
-                    ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENTATION_NOSENSOR);
+     ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE);

Try this, may this will help you. It changes my display orientation to
landscape mode, the only thing is lock screen will not rotate.

Regards,