On Wednesday, March 7, 2012 10:47:54 AM UTC-5, Earlence wrote:

> > - protect our application from being deleted by user.
>
> if the phone is rooted, anyone can delete your application.
>
> you are better off having a custom android build with these features
> in a special system app with the required permissions.
>
> -Earlence

Same problem - if *you* can install a custom android build on the device,
someone else can probably install theirs over the top of it. The exception
would be if the manufacturer gives you a unique key to go with your (large)
lot of devices, or if you successfully exploit a device that will only
accept signed code, modify it to only accept your updates, and patch the
hole you got in through.