Tim Chick wrote:
> On Monday 10 March 2008 19:20:44 Yan Seiner wrote:
>
>> Dan Whitehouse
>>

>>> Sadly none of these works for me (C3200 Angstrom).
>>> I just get audio, no video.
>>> I can play stuff without "-vo pxa" and it plays, but its always pretty
>>> jerky.
>>>
>> The default kernel has PXA_QVGA built in - but no modules for VGA.  I'm
>> not sure what resolution you are trying to play. Also, what bitrate is the
>> stream?
>>

> I believe the QVGA/VGA flags in the kernel do nothing at all. It's probably
> worth someone checking.

Well, I got my movie transcoded, and it plays - sort of.

-vo pxa results in a slow fade to white.  The movie still plays, but
it's obviously unwatchable.  The machine is running, as I can ssh in.

Even after I kill mplayer, the screen stays white.  It seems to be an
mplayer bug, since if I start mplayer from an ssh shell, and then exit
'q', the screen goes back to normal.

The movie will play with -vo fbdev, but it doesn't scale to full screen,
but rather stays at the bottom left corner in its 320x160 resolution.
-vo x11 plays as well, with the movie centered.  -vo xv plays sound with
no video.

I came across the fade-to-white problem on the web, but I can't for the
life of me find it again this morning....

--Yan