The Apache Tomcat team announces that support for Apache Tomcat 6.0.x
will end on 31 December 2016.
This means that after 31 December 2016:
- releases from the 6.0.x branch are highly unlikely
- bugs affecting only the 6.0.x branch will not be addressed
- security vulnerability reports will not be checked against the 6.0.x
Three months later (i.e. after 30 March 2017)
- the 6.0.x download pages will be removed
- the latest 6.0.x release will be removed from the mirror system
- the 6.0.x branch in svn will move from /tomcat/tc6.0.x to
- the links to the 6.0.x documentation will be removed from
- The bugzilla project for 6.0.x will be made read-only
Note that all 6.0.x releases will always be available from the archive.
It is anticipated that the final 6.0.x release will be made shortly
before 31 December 2016.