Good evening ladies and gentlemen!

It’s a great pleasure to announce the release of Apache OpenWebBeans-1.6.0.

Apache OpenWebBeans is a CDI container (Contexts and Dependency Injection for
Java) and targets the CDI-1.2 specification (JavaEE 7). We pass the standalone
CDI TCK and the JavaEE7 WebProfile part of the CDI-TCK (in Apache TomEE-7.0).

OpenWebBeans is modularly built and can be used either in pure Java SE, in a
Servlet Container like e.g. Tomcat or in fully fledged JavaEE containers.
Our core is only 500k and thus brings full JavaEE compatibility at a smaller
size of most so called ‚micro solutions‘.

Distribution packages can be downloaded from
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/openwebbeans/1.6.0/
The release is also available via maven
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/openwebbeans/

We’ve now also included single command installer scripts in our binary
distribution which can be used as easy as:

$> unzip openwebbeans-distribution-1.6.0-binary.zip
$> cd openwebbeans-distribution-1.6.0
$> ./install_owb_tomcat7.bat /opt/your/apache-tomcat-8.x.x

(works with Apache Tomcat7 and 8)

Please also visit our homepage http://openwebbeans.apache.org

have fun,
The Apache OpenWebBeans Team