The Apache Calcite team is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Calcite 1.12.0.

Calcite is a dynamic data management framework. Its cost-based
optimizer converts queries, represented in relational algebra, into
executable plans. Calcite supports many front-end languages and
back-end data engines, and includes an SQL parser and the Avatica
JDBC driver.

In 2 1/2 months since 1.11, 29 contributors have resolved 95
issues. We now have JDK9 support, new file/web and Pig adapters,
syntax extensions for streaming queries, and planning improvements
for Druid and sub-queries.

You can start using it in Maven by simply updating your dependency
to:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.calcite</groupId>
    <artifactId>calcite-core</artifactId>
    <version>1.12.0</version>
  </dependency>

If you'd like to download the source release, you can find it here:

  http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-1.12.0/

You can read more about the release (including release notes) here:

  http://calcite.apache.org/news/2017/03/24/release-1.12.0/

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at:

   http://calcite.apache.org/

Thanks to everyone involved!

Julian Hyde, on behalf of the Apache Calcite Team