All,

Thousands of OpenOffice.org community members participated in the voting
for the OpenOffice.org 2.0 splashscreen. People could vote for their
favourite three choices from the eleven splashscreens shortlisted form
over 340 submissions from 103 artists and designers.

We are pleased to announce that Brendan Wheelan was the outright winner
with his splashscreen design:
http://www.openoffice.org/editorial/bwhelan.html

Brendan, a professional programmer, has since worked with the
development team to finalise the artwork to be included in
OpenOffice.org 2.0 Beta, including the splashscreen, about box and
installer graphics.

The splashscreen competition not only provided a successful
splashscreen, but created awareness of the OpenOffice.org Art Project
(http://marketing.openoffice.org/art/) that is responsible for the
creation and maintenance of graphics and art pieces for the
OpenOffice.org community.

Thank you to all the artists who participated in the splashscreen
competition. We look forward to any other ways you may wish to
contribute to the OpenOffice.org Art Project.

Congratulations Brendan, and a big thank you also to all the community
members who participated in voting for the splashscreen.

Regards
Jacqueline McNally
Lead, OpenOffice.org Marketing Project