All,

OpenOffice.org will be having a booth (#139) at this April's LinuxWorld Expo Boston and you are invited! You are also invited to help out. We need booth beings, artwork, clever presentations showcasing OpenOffice.org, and any other kind of moral, monetary, or vocal support you can offer. This event is of some importance, for it is taking place in what is widely perceived as the epicentre--Boston-- of the U.S. public sector move to using the open standard file format OpenOffice.org uses, the OASIS OpenDocument Format, or ODF. The old- but-powerful stick-in-the-mud elements have been resisting mightily, but the forces for freedom, open standards, and superior technology are advancing, and Massachusetts is still scheduled to adopt the ODF January 1, 2007. But nothing is absolutely certain.

So, you can see why this event is of some importance and why we need to show just how good OpenOffice.org is. The event goes from 3-6 April, with the exhibition hall open from 4-6 April. You can learn more about it by going to http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/ events/12BOS06A .

If you can help out, in any way, let me know. I'm putting together the team for the exhibition at LWE Boston and time is speeding by. Send an email to louis at openoffice.org if you want to help out.

Cheers,

Louis

--