All,

Commencing Tuesday 20 March at 17:00 UTC, the OpenOffice.org site infrastructure will be upgraded. The site, including mail lists, CVS, Issue Tracker (IssueZilla), and all other elements will be functionally offline for the duration, anticipated to be forty-eight (48) hours. However, during the outage, a placeholder webpage listing download sites will be posted to www.openoffice.org.

CollabNet has worked with the community on this upgrade for several months and together we have sought to ensure that the migration to the new (and improved) infrastructure will go smoothly. We regret the inconvenience this outage will produce.

Some points...

* The new infrastructure, CollabNet Enterprise Edition 3.5.1, should be faster and more robust

* The new site allows for the use of the modern versioning system Subversion, and projects can explore its functionality

* As to mail lists, forums, and other established functionality, such as Issue Tracker (IssueZilla), all that remains as at present

* Note: For a period of about twelve hours after the migration process, we will have to run several indexers, and these may affect the behaviour of list and forum archives, among other things; performance may also be affected

Louis Suarez-Potts
Community Manager
CollabNet