The OpenOffice.org Community is pleased to announce the release of OpenOffice.org 2.4.3, a minor update to the legacy OpenOffice.org 2.x series.

OpenOffice.org 2.4.3 is available for immediate download from http://download.openoffice.org. Please contact the appropriate native-language project http://projects.openoffice.org/native-lang.html for details of availability in other languages, and the appropriate porting project http://porting.openoffice.org for details of platforms.

Full details of the bugs fixed may be found in the release notes http://development.openoffice.org/releases/2.4.3.html. Details of the security vulnerabilities fixed will be published in our security bulletin http://www.openoffice.org/security/bulletin.html on September 11th when the standard public disclosure embargo expires. To our knowledge, none of these vulnerabilities has been exploited.

We recommend all users of legacy OpenOffice.org versions to upgrade to the 3.x series. The current version 3.1.1 has been released on August 31st.

The next version of OpenOffice.org to contain significant new functionality, OpenOffice.org 3.2, is expected to be available around the end of November 2009.

The OpenOffice.org Community