debug: msg="{{ commit error }}"

On 01/31/2014 11:55 AM, David Gethings wrote:
Hi,

I am working with a custom module. Sometimes it returns an error that I
want to capture and then act on in another task. I have a register set
and ignore_errors set to True in the playbook. However the msg returned
is being truncated to I cannot perform a 'when' conditional on its value.

Below output is returned by a custom module:

ok: [capella] => {"failure": true, "item": "", "msg":
"[{:severity=>\"error\",\n  :message=>\n   \"WARNING: Chassis
configuration for network services has been changed. A system reboot is
mandatory.  Please reboot the system NOW. Continuing without a reboot
might result in unexpected system behavior.\"}]\n"

This action is in a playbook:
   action: debug msg={{ commit_error }}

Which produces this output (when using -vvv):

ok: [capella] => {
     "item": "",
     "msg": "{umsg:"
}