I'm fairly new to Ansible. I really like it but can't get past this show
stopper.  If anyone can offer any hints, I sure would appreciate it. The
package I'm trying to install is my own.  Something may be wrong with it
but it installs fine with apt-get.  Normal packages install OK.

Running *apt-get* *install *from the shell works but running *apt *does not
work.  apt is like a black box.  I can't find any way to debug it.  I can
find messages in /var/log/auth.log.  They all look good. syslog has:

Apr 11 10:56:46 station1 ansible-apt: Invoked with
dpkg_options=force-confdef,force-confold upgrade=None force=False
package=m9kpdc-static purge=False state=installed update_cache=False
pkg=m9kpdc-static default_release=None install_recommends=True
cache_valid_time=None

Nothing gets written to /var/log/dpkg.log

*Versions:*
ansible: 1.5.4
All hosts: Ubuntu 12.04LTS

*Details*
*Installing a package with apt fails:*

dfr@master:~$ ansible station1 -m apt -a "pkg=m9kpdc-static state=installed"
station1 | FAILED >> {
    "failed": true,
    "msg": "*No package matching 'm9kpdc-static' is available*"
}

*Installing a package with apt-get works:*

dfr@master:~$ ansible station1 -m shell -a "apt-get install m9kpdc-static"
-K
sudo password:
station1 | success | rc=0 >>
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
  m9kpdc-static:i386
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 37 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/1068 kB of archives.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Selecting previously unselected package m9kpdc-static:i386.
(Reading database ... 78241 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking m9kpdc-static:i386 (from .../m9kpdc-static_2.2_i386.deb) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead ...
Setting up m9kpdc-static:i386 (2.2) ...
Post-install starting m9kpdc

*Package is available:*

dfr@master:~$ ansible station1 -m shell -a "apt-cache search m9kpdc-static"
station1 | success | rc=0 >>
m9kpdc-static - Utility Systems Phasor Data Concentrator.