On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 12:42:52 PM UTC-7, Ernest0x wrote:

>   dependency. I am not sure if that can be done (easily and cleanly) with
> an ngix type of "include" mechanism. Also, keep in mind that there are
> systems that they do NOT provide such an "include" mechanism at all.

And yet it appears that Apache and Nginx the two examples raised so far do
both include an "include" mechanism.  For those that don't it is always
(and I don't think that has been emphasised enough yet) possible to use
Assemble to add together multiple configuration fragments created by
different roles...

e.g. My main widget role puts down some basic configuration pieces, my
widget instance role adds some more bits to the same directory, my gadget
role adds a few more bits, and finally a configure role pulls all of the
pieces together into one configuration file.  If something changes it's
piece the only parts that would run would be the relevant role and the
configure role to pull all of the new bits together.  If you don't like the
idea of having a separate role then you make sure that the main widget role
is called last and it does the assembly...  or you run the playbook twice
(or more) until it settles down.

Adam