Erik,

Thanks for your comments. Yes, it took me a whole weekend, but I think
it's worth :-)

Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Wow, you've put a lot of work into this.  I'm actually doing more and
> more with Velocity myself, so this is intriguing.  But doesn't the
> Velocity project have its own Ant task(s)?

No, the Velocity does not have Ant tasks.

> While it would be cool to have this within Ant's own codebase and
> distribution, I think the general consensus is that this really should
> be housed with the Velocity project itself, with perhaps a standalone
> JAR distributed as part of the main Velocity distribution.

Well, I am not sure on this. I think it's OK that the velocity task is
distributed in either Ant or Velocity. But I wish this task to be
committed and released. I have been watching Velocity-dev ML
for a while, but there is still no release after velocity-1.3.1-rc2
(July 25, 2002), and proposed features seems to be neglected
after short discussions...

> I'm very impressed with the attention to detail you've give to your
> contribution.  At the very least add this to Bugzilla, either Ant's or
> Velocity's area, with all the details as patch and source attachments
> so that this is not lost.

I just added this patch to Bugzilla, Ant's area.
Should I post this patch to Velocity-dev ML also? Opinions please > all.

As for XDoclet tags, I will look into it from now. Would you give me
a pointer of documentations I should read?

--
)Hiroaki Nakamura) [EMAIL PROTECTED]