On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> a jar file containing the jdbc2_0-stdext classes is required to
> compile the dbtags taglib. please define the property
> jdbc2_0-stdext.jar in your build.properties file and ensure that the
> file exists.

This message comes from the taglib's build file, not directly from
Ant.  Ant doesn't need the file, but you need it to compile the
taglib (as well as to use it, I guess).

> In fact I do have this "jdbc2_0-stdext.jar" mentioned but I don't
> know where to put it!!

It doesn't matter, where you put it.  What you need to do is to edit
the file build.properties that should be somewhere around your build
file (I have no experience with the taglib you are talking about,
sorry) and within this file change the value of the property
jdbc2_0-stdext.jar to point to it.

Stefan