WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM HOLLYWOOD MOVIES…

by Bob Petrovich

STATE OF THE ART EFFECTS, POLITICS, HEART:
"His goal was to make a new kind of war movie that would mix action,
state of the art effects, politics and most importantly, heart"…"but I think
there's a lot more to it than that. We wanted to bring this genre into
the twenty-first century by dealing with the complexities of current warfare
and how that affects the men and women who are serving their country"
http://www.behindenemylinesmovie.com

COMPLEXITIES OF CURRENT WARFARE
"American enemies, day after tomorrow" that could update
"Things you would never know if it weren't for the movies..." list.
<http://labmed.ucsf.edu/~terrazas/jokes/oldjokes/LearnFromMovies.html>

…AND WHAT WE CAN NOT :

STATE OF THE ART EFFECTS
Richard Labeviere: Dollars for terror (printed in 2000)
http://www.algora.com/Dollars.htm

POLITICS
Marcia Christoff Kurop, Al Qaeda´s Balkan Links,
The Wall Street Journal Europe, Nov01, 2001
http://www.balkanpeace.org/hed/archive/nov01/hed4304.shtml

HEART
"He demonstrated, as few have the almost limitless capacity of
the human spirit to triumph over the depredations of fate and
the malevolence of lesser men."

John L. Frisbee,  Lance Sijan's Incredible Journey,
<http://www.afa.org/magazine/valor/1286valor.html>

"My name is Lance Peter Sijan"
http://www.mishalov.com/Sijan.html

"That's right. Rocky Versace and Lance Sijan. A good old-fashioned
'traditional' American heroes! And we never hear of them in the nation's
mass media.
We never hear their names in Memorial Day speeches.
Not one damn politician even knows their names.
But they are right up there with Patrick Henry and his famous quotation,
'Give me liberty, or give me death.'
<http://www.newtotalitarians.com/WhoChoosesHeroes.html>

COMPLEXITIES OF CURRENT WARFARE

Jack Kelley, USA TODAY, November 27 2001:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/acovmon.htm#more

"The evidence shows that recruits at bin Laden's two main camps,
 at least those visited by USA TODAY, were trained in conventional,
 biological and even nuclear warfare, according to class manuals.
They came from at least 21 countries, including Bosnia,
Egypt, France,Great Britain, Jordan, Kuwait, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia,
 Turkey and other U.S. allies, enrollment records show."….
"Perhaps most telling about the minds of those who trained here is a
document found at the camp. "I am interested in suicide operations,"
 wrote Damir Bajrami, a 24-year-old ethnic Albanian from Kosovo,
on his entry application in April 2001. "I have Kosovo Liberation Army
combat experience against Serb and American forces.
I need no further training. I recommend (suicide) operations against
(amusement) parks like Disney."

"Evil Serbs, American enemies" could update
"Things you would never know if it weren't for the movies..." list.
<http://labmed.ucsf.edu/~terrazas/jokes/oldjokes/LearnFromMovies.html>

"In its June 26, 1997 Report on the bombing of the Al Khobar
building in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, the New York Times noted
that those arrested confessed to serving with Bosnian
Muslims forces. Further, the terrorists also admitted to ties
with Osama Bin Laden."
http://www.balkanpeace.org/our/our09.shtml

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  and put
REMOVE in the subject line