http://www.online.bg/ASP/wwwbgweb2.asp?mode=article&artdate=2003/3/18&artno=4

Bulgaria Online
March 18, 2003

US Rangers in Sarafovo Ceased Their Leaves
For two days already the 500 US rangers in Sarafovo
are in full alert. The guards around the base were
doubled. The extraordinary security measures in the
region of the airport were tightened. Cordons of
military policemen surround the approaches to the
runways. Rangers and trained dogs are on duty around
the six military tanker jets day-and-night. Yesterday
morning several brigades started cutting the bushes
and the trees around the military base. That's how the
patrols are to have a better visibility to the
surrounding region. Yesterday the American soldiers
increased the field exercises and restricted the
leaves. Any moment they expect an order to begin a
military operation. 'We'll be proud to fulfill our
mission. We are here to take part in the war against
the world terrorism', said Air Force Sgt. Jason Smith
PR of 409 testing flight.

http://platinum.yahoo.com