http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/12/hungarian-pm-announces-200-new-troops-to-afghanistan-after-meeting-with-vp-biden.html

ABC News
December 4, 2009

Hungarian PM Announces 200 New Troops to Afghanistan after Meeting with VP Biden

Hungarian Prime Minister Gyorgy Gordon Bajnai announced today after a meeting
with Vice President Biden that he would send 200 new Hungarian troops to
Afghanistan to aid in the new U.S. strategy there.

“I've made it clear that we agree with the announced strategy of President
Obama. We support it,” Bajnai said.

Biden called the announcement “a politically important and courageous decision”
and a “significant commitment” from the Hungarians.

“I want Americans to understand that when you heard the president say 200
troops, most Americans will say, ‘200 troops?’  This is a significant
commitment,” the vice president said.

The commitment is a 60 percent increase over Hungary’s previous troop
deployment there, Bajnai said.

Hungary had 340 troops already working in Afghanistan on reconstruction
projects and troop training.