On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 11:25:03AM +0200, Matthias Teege spake thusly:
> Is it possible to boot FreeBSD from AoE target?

Does FreeBSD have some sort of initrd system like Linux does? I
imagine it must have. I have Linux booting from AoE by PXE booting a
kernel and initrd. The initrd loads the aoe module and sets up any
necessary networking to make the AoE root fs accessable and then
continues with the normal boot process. I bet FreeBSD can do
similar. You will probably have to make the FreeBSD initrd yourself
just like I did for Linux.

--
Tracy Reed
http://tracyreed.org