> Dear All,
>
> Can anybody help me in understanding of packets transmission and receiving
> between aoe client & aoe server ?

Although it's not "light" reading, the AoE protocol is so short
that you could probably get all your answers from there:

  http://www.coraid.com/TECHNOLOGY/AoE-Protocol-Definition

I'll answer here, though, in case it's of general interest.

> How does  connection establish between
> client and server through AoE protocol.

There is no connection.  The AoE initiator discovers AoE storage targets
via a broadcast "config query" command that can be used for discovery.  The
initiator remembers what targets it saw and sends commands to those targets
as needed.

(You're calling the user of the storage the "client".  Here I will
call it the "initiator".  I call the "server" the "target".)

>  How does client acknowledges the
> receiving packets from server side and vice versa from server side ?

The target sends responses to the commands coming from the initiator.

Each command (e.g., "write this data to LBA 40") is identified with a tag.
The response contains the tag.  That allows the initiator to associate the
response with the command.  The response will contain ATA-style information
that lets the initiator know whether the command succeeded or not.

An initiator never "acknowledges" packets from the target.  The storage
target does not, in general, remember anything about any initiator.  It
just responds to individual commands.

> How
> does client will know if server crashes and no packets are coming ?

It depends on the implementation of the AoE initiator.  I'd expect
them all to maintain a list of unanswered commands that had been sent
and to use the time to "time out" a command that hasn't been answered
in the time expected.  Most initiators will retransmit commands during
that period to account for the possibility that a packet might have been
dropped by the network.

> Does all
> the transmission happens on MAC layer after the packets are received by
> socket buffer through NIC driver ?

I'm not sure what you mean.  That sounds like a question about a specific
implementation.  AoE is just a protocol.  You could write an O.S. that only
did AoE.

--
  Ed