On Dec 21, 2010, at 10:05 AM, Nick Craig-Wood wrote:

> I've hacked a python interface onto vblade by embedding python into vblade.
>
> This means that instead of pointing vblade at a block device or file,
> you can point it at a python program.

That is a very interesting patch.  Thank you for sharing it.

> I'd be interested to know
>  * is this the kind of thing you'd like to merge?

No, the vblade is intentionally minimal, so it wouldn't be
merged, but there is a "contrib" directory in the source where
the patch could go.

>  * should the python interface be a compile time option or not?

I think it's fine as is for an experimental contributed patch,
since it's applied at the end user's option.

>  * any comments on implementation

I'd like to hear those from anyone who tries the patch.

--
  Ed Cashin
  ecas...@coraid.com