Hello aoetools-discuss,

1) Do you have forum or support is only this maillist
2) Data integrity   - do somebody had any data cossuption due to AoE
seems doesn't have anything to detect from-wire errors? I mean at
first corrupted packets themselves (I know that in hardware ethernet
check it.. usually but...) and there'is another possible problem that
seems is not addressed by AoE protocol: possible packets duplication
on ethernet level that can be caused for example by bad network
topology, failing hardware (I've seen semi-dead network switches that
flooded ethernet segment with duplicated packets) and so on? Because
there possible data corruption if write-from-the-past-packet
overwrites some data region. Theoretically this could be easily be
fixed by using some sequence numbers, that could be known by server to
be mononically increasing. Futhermore there'is 'tag' field in ATA
command that seems can be used for such purpose but unfortunatelly
according to documentation and vblade sources it completely ignored by
server:(

--
Best regards,
 Killer{R}                          mailto:supp...@killprog.com