To facilitate the discussion, I put in here some examples of the changes I
made:

2.a.

From

mapPtr = ns_malloc(sizeof(Map));

mapPtr = (Map *) ns_malloc(sizeof(Map));

2.b.

From

int

TclX_WrongArgs (interp, commandNameObj, string)

Tcl_Interp * interp;

Tcl_Obj * commandNameObj;

char * string;

{

int

TclX_WrongArgs (Tcl_Interp * interp, Tcl_Obj * commandNameObj, char *
string)

{

2.c

From

       if (new) {

       if (mm_new) {

All these changes have been applied everywhere.

========

Dear all,

                While the tests seem to go rather well but are not finished
yet (and it will take quite some time), I have decided to make available
anyhow the result of my activity.

The sources (and Visual Studio 2012 project files) are available at:

http://www.spazioit.com/software/naviserver-4.99.4-Win64.zip

There are two categories of changes:

1.       The ones required to have the system compiled by Visual Studio 2012
using as target Windows 64. They are identified by the #ifdef _WIN64 clause.

2.       A set of necessary cosmetics/make up changes to the overall code
base to make it more compliant with nowadays C STDs, and therefore more
"acceptable" to nowadays C compilers, they are:

a.       I have made explicit all type conversions (with explicit casts)

b.      I have modified all functions defined in K&R C STD, changing them
into ANSI C STD

c.       I have removed from the code base all reserved words, e.g.: new,
delete, bool .

These changes make the entire codebase less "old-style" and more
maintainable in the future.

Hope it helps,

Maurizio