For everybody still facing this problem and googling to this
thread:  It is possible to fix this bug temporarily without
waiting until the changes are played back into the ubuntu
channels. Get the debian sources, add the flag yourself,
repackage and install the debian package. For details, see
here: http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=4074442

best regards
-gustaf neumann