You might try registering a proc for POST that checks the
content-length. If content-length is 0 or it doesn't match the size of
the content itself, you could generate an error page that pointed the
user off to the patch and that describes the issue. You could also give
them the option to re-POST the content. You might even find a way to
get the POST to be retried using redirects etc., but I'm not sure
that's doable and it sounds rather messy. You could register the proc
to run before your POST handling routine, or you could implement this
capability within your POST-handling proc itself.

/s.