Dear aolserver community,

We had a problem with ssl and microsoft IE where form contents
(either transmitted via POST or GET) were omitted by the browser
under certain conditions (keep alive set, the reply of the form was
transmitted not immediately, by in CLOSE_WAIT state).

In aolserver 3.* we used maxkeepalive = 0 in the config file to
deactivate the keepalive, but in aolserver 4.1 this option appears
roughly to be a noop:

  [~/aolserver-4.1]$ fgrep maxkeep */*.c
  nsd/nsconf.c:    nsconf.keepalive.maxkeep = GetInt("maxkeepalive",
  KEEPALIVE_MAXKEEP_INT);

Setting keepalivetimeout to 0 helped in our situation with 4.1.
Due to the mess with IE (multiple problems appear to be in
multiple versions for multiple windows versions) ssl + keepalive is
currently - and most likely for a while - a nono.

It tooks us some time to track down the problem, maybe
this mail helps others (item for FAQs?).

best regards
-gustaf neumann

PS: We have still a problem with 4.1 with a memleak.
Our server grows with the speed of about 2MB/minute
with 4.1, while essentially the same code worked without
leak with 3.*. Do others have similar experiences?