John Buckman said:
> 440 hits/s second is plenty fast, amazing even (fyi, compared to
> about 12 hits/s I get if I code the same page in MySQL), I was just
What kind of SQL/code is that? And what kind of server? I get 100+
pages/sec using AOLserver and Postgres for a message board system; two
seperate queries both joining two tables and searching on well-indexed
keys. (Sempron 2800+, 512MB, Linux, ATA)

I don't see why you should get any less performance from your book sharing
service, which, I asume, also is mostly key lookups. All without the
hassle of Berkely DB.

There is a time and place for Berkeley DB for sure, but to me it sounds
like you are now making things hard on yourself for the sake of "premature
optimization"! :)

Cheers,
Bas.