Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I tried with both 1.0.2 and 2.0.0.AM2 with the same outcome.
The output from the Java code was as below (I just have a local ldap with a
few users for testing)

sn: Trainee
sn: Admin
sn: User
sn: Supervisor

I did not know about the slapo-sssvlv overlay, my LDAP knowledge is basic -
I am running OpenLDAP from the docker image openfrontier/openldap-server
I tried to install it - I successfully loaded the ldif below. Now when I
run the original code I get no results at all. If I remove the SortRequest
control from the SearchRequest it returns me the expected results.

> dn: cn=module{0}, cn=config
> changetype: modify
> add: olcModuleLoad
> olcModuleLoad: sssvlv.la
>
> dn: olcOverlay=sssvlv,olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config
> changetype: add
> objectClass: olcSssVlvConfig
> olcSssVlvMax: 10
> olcSssVlvMaxKeys: 5

Is this the correct way to install the slapo-sssvlv overlay? I am not sure
how to provide it's configuration sorry.

Thanks