On 11/02/2020 22:50, Lucas Raab wrote:
On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, at 07:41, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
Hi

On 11/02/2020 11:55, Lucas Raab wrote:
On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, at 02:42, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
Hi

On 11/02/2020 01:17, Lucas Raab wrote:
On Mon, Feb 10, 2020, at 17:37, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
Hi !

     Can you provide the stack trace, and the entry you are trying to read ?

I'm interested to know on which attribute it fails.

Thanks !

On 10/02/2020 22:36, Lucas Raab wrote:
This time with attachments :)

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 03:32:36PM -0600, Lucas Raab wrote:
Hello,

I'm getting NPE's while attempting to read from a fresh AD install with
a 2012R2 level domain. If I don't load the schema (relaxed or strict),
the search runs normally. if I do load the schema, then the search
throws the NPE. No error is thrown when I attempted similar searches
against an OpenDJ 6.5 server.

It appears to come from attempting to determine if an LdapSyntax from
an AttributeType is human readable or not. The LdapSyntax object looks
to be null, but is visible when dumping the AttributeType. I'm not
entirely sure where the schema-aware attribute loading is happening to
try and fix it myself so here I am :)

Attached is a log and sample source file. I can provide credentials in
a private mail for any debugging.

Thanks,
Lucas

Hm, the log I attached seems to have been dropped...

Here's the stack trace and let me know if you need/want more

2020-02-10 15:16:24,027 DEBUG - Attribute: cn: Test Bind
2020-02-10 15:16:24,027 DEBUG - Attribute: cn: Test Bind
2020-02-10 15:16:24,027 WARN  -
java.lang.NullPointerException
     at
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.DefaultAttribute.<init>(DefaultAttribute.java:424)
     at
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.DefaultEntry.<init>(DefaultEntry.java:324)
Hmmm, it seems to be older revision than the last one.
DefaultAttribute.java:424 refers to a comment in the 2.0 revision.

Can you check which LDAP API revision you are using ?

Thanks !

Hi Emmanuel,

I'm using LDAP API 2.0.0 retrieved via Maven if that matters.

Can you check the ldap-model-api.jar MANIFEST.MF file ? I'd like to know
about the version in it.

Thanks !

Looks to be 2.0.0?

Attached is what I pulled out of .m2`