Hi,

On 18/05/2021 11:03, 4 Integration wrote:
Hi again,

I have had a discussion with our vendor but they have difficulties to
determine the underlying root cause more than error 49
(INVALID_CREDENTIALS). I made a simple Java application to test this and
cannot find anything more when debugging the PasswordException.
Do you have any guidance what to look for?

Error 49 is what the server sends you. It get encapsulated into a PasswordException, but teh essence of the error is that:
- either your user does not exist, or you have a typo in it
- or the password is inccorect
- or it has expired
- or some password policy rules out the password for some reason (and this is very server specific)

Now, the logs provide more information. Typically :

Message ID : 21
    BindResponse
        Ldap Result
            Result code : (INVALID_CREDENTIALS) invalidCredentials
            Matched Dn : ''
            Diagnostic message : '80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090453,
comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 773, v3839'
)

and if you google that, you get :

data 773 :      user must reset password

--
*Emmanuel Lécharny - CTO* 205 Promenade des Anglais – 06200 NICE
T. +33 (0)4 89 97 36 50