On 11/02/2013 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
And this incompatible API change isn't arguable, that is: it has already
been discussed, I won't revert it, and won't accept anyone else reverting
it, period.

OK, and from the links and context I get this is a different issue than the one originally discussed here. What's the impact of this other change? Does it affect a narrow class of extensions or, like the other one, it requires that most code extensions are rewritten?

In any case, it is material for the Release Notes. I mentioned it in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Release+Notes
but it would be good to know more.

Regards,
  Andrea.