I recently released 18 dictionaries for spanish, I notice that the AOO
update alert didnt list it, I work with Marco with the english dictionary
and notice some differences on the metadata.

According to description.xml
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/Description_of_XML_Elements#Element_.2Fdescription.2Fversion
The following is described: Required. A textual representation of the
extension version.
The example then shows something like the following: <version value="1.0" />

​However on the English Dict extension this shows the release date:
<version value="2015.04.01" />

This extension does get recognized by the Extension manager.

My next step is to suggest changing the way we version to be able to get
alreted. However first I want to confirm the policy and propper use of the
metadata according to the application.

Regards.​

--
Alexandro Colorado