Hello,

In toolbars of OpenOffice, there are buttons with long tooltips.

For example, has in the Format-toolbar the button "bold", the tooltip (in a
german OO):
"Stellt den ausgewählten Text fett dar. Befindet sich der Cursor in einem Wort,
so wird das gesamte Wort fett dargestellt. Wenn die Auswahl bzw. das Wort
bereits fett ist, wird diese Formatierung aufgehoben."

But how I can for your own macros (in Extensions) realize such long tooltips?
Is there for example a solution using the addon.xcu, see:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions/Extensions_and_Apache_OpenOffice_4.0#addons.xcu_changes

OK, I know the way by means of long macro names:

For example:

Sub [This is my crazy long macro name is used as a tooltip]()
        '...my macro-code
End Sub

But that's a little crazy, and also has a problem because certain characters in
the name (eg ".") make difficulties.

Greetings,
Jörg