Here in Western Montana we had a few weeks of above average temps and the
bloom on our trees was huge. I'm new at apples and didn't realize how much
the trees were going to be over loaded with fruitlets. Now I have to thin
like crazy. The third leaf Honeycrisp trees have about 200 apples per tree,
some may have a lot more than that. After all of this fruit set, the
weather turned cooler than average for a about 2-3 weeks, and the fruitlets
are about 10mm. Tomorrow is going to be in the mid 70's with several 80
degrees days following, so I'm spraying Sevin+Maxcel hoping to knock-off
about 80% of these apples. Anyone with ideas would be appreciated...