From: apple-crop [mailto:apple-crop-boun...@virtualorchard.com] On Behalf Of
Doug Nelson
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 8:56 AM
To: Apple-Crop discussion list <apple-crop@virtualorchard.com>
Subject: [Apple-Crop] Newbie Orchardist questions Herbicide on First Year
Plantings

I have a new tall spindle orchard planted in an alfalfa field this spring.  I
did not realize how much work it would be to mechanically weed the orchard. All
the orchards I have visited have told me not to use herbicides for the first
year on newly planted trees. There is a conventional nursery across the street
that uses barrier on new trees.

Does anyone have a herbicide they are using on new trees or stick to mechanical?

--
Doug Nelson
President