-----Original Message-----
From: apple-crop@virtualorchard.net
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Black Diamond Farm
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:14 AM
To: apple-crop@virtualorchard.net
Subject: Apple-Crop: Wire limb spreaders

> About 10 years ago we bought a bunch of wire limb spreaders in 2
> sizes.  For a certain stage of growth (between clothespins and notched

> angle spreaders) they are the only type of spreader that I've found
> that works for  limbs that are still flexible.
>
> Since we can't post photos to the list-serve, let me attempt to
> describe them:
Each spreader consists of a firm wire that you hook around the main
trunk of the tree.
The other part of the wire extends out (they come in a couple of
lengths) a ways along the limb.
There's a gentle hook that you place on the limb to hold it down, maybe
12 or 15 inches out.

> We recently put in a new block of trees and next spring will need more

> of these spreaders.
> Does anyone know of a supplier who still sells these?
>
> Thanks,
> Jackie Merwin
> Black Diamond Farm
> Trumansburg, NY
> www.incredapple.com

Clements <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Apple-Crop is not moderated. Therefore, the statements do not represent
"official" opinions and the Virtual Orchard takes no responsibility for
the content.