\443-309-2077(cell)

From: "Kurt Alstede" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello Scott,

We actually process through our local commercial bank. I have investigated a
lot of the merchant billing companies…a lot of them offer some slick deals up
front, but then ratchet things up after they have got you in. We analyze our
account each year and evaluate the total credit card sales, the total number of
transactions, and the average transaction amount. The higher the average sale
and the greater the total gross, the less the discount that the merchant
billing charges. We are currently paying 2.20% on credit card sales nearing
$1 million annually and average sales averaging approximately $60.00 each. We
expect this to drop again this year. There are some additional fees charged on
certain types of cards depending on the type of card used, but generally they
do not add significantly to the cost of using the cards.

I like working with our local commercial bank because we find that it gives us
a lot more clout when we are both seeking service and also negotiating
discounts since all of our other banking is done there; and also because we are
stock holders in the bank.

When we last used a wireless machine in 2006 we were leasing them and it cost
approximately $100.00 per month including all of the connections fees, air
time, etc. We own all of our 110 volt terminals and now have six in all plus
one that can do food stamps. They cost us $300 each and we also use them for
gift cards and loyalty cards. The bank provides all of our paper for free.

A customer can now use a credit card anywhere on our farm that they make
purchases. I feel that this has been a very important provision as almost 30%
of all our retail transactions are now done with cards. We only accept
visa/mastercard as both Discover and Amex have much higher fees and take much
longer to deposit the money in your account. We currently receive our funds on
the second business day following the transaction date. It may seem like it is
a big step forward, but I think that you will discover that it is well worth it.

Kind Regards,

Kurt W. Alstede
General Manager
Alstede Farms, LLC