I am intrigued by the option of using metal stakes (best angle?) for
smaller plantings (several acres) and with very hi-density systems
(tall-spindle or super spindle, 3 ft or 2 ft between trees
respectively) on, for example, B.9 rootstock. But I have been told
they will not hold up? I am thinking row lengths of several hundred
feet, placing the stakes every 10 meters (30 feet) or so, 10 ft. tall
stakes driven 2.5 feet into ground puts the top wire at 7.5 feet.
Seems cost-effective, easy to run wires through holes, easy to drive
(compared to wood) and should be OK for organic. Need to figure out
the end-support I suppose. What am I missing?

Jon

--
JMCEXTMAN
Jon Clements