Russell:

        I like your idea of using a "back-up" camera for viewing spray pattern.
 Hugh Thomas' point on spray drift on the camera lens is real.  A dirty or
wetted lens is pretty worthless. That problem could be avoided if the camera
were located behind a windshield washer/wiper….as inside a cab whose back
window is so equipped.  Reflections on the back window from inside the cab
might need blocking with well-placed screening.
        I don't use a tractor cab, but I find that two large mirrors (mine are
6.5 X 9 inches), mounted somewhat
forward on the tractor, provide an acceptable, and easily accessible view of
where the spray is.   They can, however, be quite annoying when driving west
with a bright, early-morning sun at your back. Drift on the mirrors
has rarely needed cleaning before refill time.

David Kollas
Kollas Orchard CT