The good news is that yes, there is a whole line of red-fleshed apples
with a range of tastes and growth habits that are also scab-resistant.
They are bred by Marcus Kobelt at Lubera in Switzerland
http://www.lubera.co.uk/luberacouk/redlove.html

The bad news is that they are not available in the USA presently.

Kevin Hauser
Kuffel Creek Apple Nursery
Riverside, California
Uganda, East Africa