From: apple-crop-boun...@virtualorchard.net
[mailto:apple-crop-boun...@virtualorchard.net] On Behalf Of Arthur Kelly
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 11:52 AM
To: Apple-Crop
Subject: [apple-crop] horticulture

Enough of the depressing stuff.  If you have some trees that have developed
some overly large limbs (>50% of the diameter where it joins the leader) in the
bottom of the tree should you prune out the highest large limb or the lowest
large limb, not wanting to prune them all out for fear of over invigorating the
tree?  I'm heading out to prune now after some paperwork.  I'll save that block
for later pending the advice you all give.

--

Art Kelly

Kelly Orchards

Acton, ME