Based on what i think I know (and someone correct me if I’ve missed something),
GMO pollen carried by bees to your apple orchards will NOT generate GMO content
in your apples unless you actually test the apple seeds that form inside the
fruit.  Unlike corn, wheat, and other grain crops where we eat the seeds,
apples seeds generally are not consumer.  While cross-pollination is required
to make apples grow, the pollen carried to fruit in your orchards only affects
the seeds. The fruit grow from the base of the flower, and that tissue would
not be changed as a result of pollination with a GMO apple.  If the DNA of the
fruit themselves changed depending on the pollen source, then we would end up
with a wild mixture of fruit sizes, shapes, colors, etc. on every tree every
year.

Thus, the question  then might be whether testing for GMO  apples will involve
testing of the fruit that people actually eat, or of the seeds within that
fruit despite the fact that seeds are discarded when apples are eaten?  I
suppose some folks might be concerned about “contaminating” their compost heap
with apple seeds that might have a small percentage of GMO in the seed DNA.  I
suspect that those would be the same folks who reported (in a SARE study many
years ago), that they felt better when wearing a sweater made from the wool of
organically raised sheep.
Dave Rosenberger, Plant Pathologist,
Hudson Valley Lab, P.O. Box 727, Highland, NY 12528
    Cell:     845-594-3060
 http://blogs.cornell.edu/plantpathhvl/blog-2014/