Boysenberry Payne wrote:
> I used:
>
> APREQ2_ReadLimit 500000000
>
> hopefully as only a temporary solution.
>
> I need to be able to set the ReadLimit dynamically
> if at all possible.  Is it?
By default,
read_limit is initialized to APREQ_DEFAULT_READ_LIMIT

include/apreq.h:#define APREQ_DEFAULT_READ_LIMIT        (64 * 1024 * 1024)

You can change this via
 AP_INIT_TAKE1("APREQ2_ReadLimit", apreq_set_read_limit, NULL, OR_ALL,
                  "Maximum amount of data that will be fed into a parser."),

in httpd.conf

At run time, you can do change this per request like so:
in PERL:
        my $req = APR::Request::Custom->handle($pool,
                                 $query_string,
                                 $cookie_header,
                                 $parser,
                                 $read_limit,
                                 $brigade)

or:
        (standard or custom)
        my $limit = $req->read_limit()
        $req->read_limit($set)

see for example:
        t/response/TestApReq/request.pm
        t/response/TestAPI/module.pm

in C land:
static apr_status_t apache2_read_limit_set, apr_uint64_t bytes)
static apr_status_t apache2_read_limit_get(apreq_handle_t *handle, apr_uint64_t
*bytes)

There is one small catch whether you set it via PERL or C since the C functions
are glued via XS to make the PERL ones.

It is only SET if and only if  -- this particular issue was asked on the list
before.

  if (ctx->read_limit > bytes && ctx->bytes_read < bytes) {
        ctx->read_limit = bytes;
        return APR_SUCCESS;
  }

The only thing that circumvents that check is the httpd.conf APREQ2_ReadLimit
variable.

HTH

Philip M. Gollucci ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) 323.219.4708

"In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."
       <___/